Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 3 of blogging

Well here it is Oct. 3, and only 5 more days to my big # 70 birthday. Wow, can't believe I am that old. No plans for the day, except maybe mow the grass on this place. it is getting so high.
We have had a lot of rain, so grass has really grown, and now, almost out of control on the front acre. Probably need to sell this place soon, and find a place where i do not have to do yard work, or take care of outside animals. But, hopefully I can do this kind of work for a few more years.
My Dad was still doing it right before he died, and he died at 83 years old, so maybe I can live another 13 years if i take after him. but if I take after my Mom, it will be 2010. She died at 70 yrs and 6 months. So, I am shooting for 83+ years.
Miss my family.... kids, grandkids, great grandkids, good friends.
Need a "good " friend that wants to go out to dinner, hang out, tell stories , and grow older with.
wish I could blog like Lindsay, and tell funny stories like she does, but nothing new has happened to me lately that I can write about. I don't have a 3 year old and an 11 month old that do things that need to be written about. I just have 1 horse that tried to walk up the front steps to get in the house, 2 inside dogs, that are now sleeping and snoring as I try to write this, 4 inside cats.
2 are mine, and 2 are Lindsay and Chris'. I am just cat sitting until they decide if they can take them to The Hague, or do what with them.. they are 2 BIG kitties. One is very friendly, the other not so friendly...and 2 kitties are mine, one of which is helping me type this blog, the other is the house B......Not friendly to anyone but me. So 1 horse, 2 dogs, 4 cats...then I have the resident outside cats...7 in all...6 belong to my neighbor, who come to steal food when I feed my 1 outside kitty that adopted me. Being out in the country, we have opossums, racoons, mice, and rats, squirrels, moles, which the cats hunt.
Signing off to take care off til later, or tomorrow
Maxine

No comments:

Post a Comment